To Team or Not to Team
After
rigorous research and lengthy trials I have come to the conclusion that I will
be working in a team. I have decided that doing this project solo is not the
best way to go about it. Later last week I was looking for potentials partners
during the “Social Media Peer Account” activity when I came across Grace. We
had known each other for a few years, so she was one of the best choices I could
make. Also, from what I could see on her social media accounts, we do share
some similarities in humor, which could serve as a bonding mechanism, therefore
helping us work better together. Alongside this, we had had previously had classes
together and worked on projects within those classes.
The biggest
step to solidifying our partnership for this assignment was the “Lost at Sea”
activity that I completed with a group of four. I realized that by myself I had
some efficiency, but when combined with a group, the efficiency output was much
greater. An example was that we could more critically think about what tools we
needed to survive being lost at sea. While my answers seemed right to me, it
only took a little convincing and reasoning from the others in my group to
understand why something may be more important. But this isn’t only exclusive to
my group. The article “Team building and group dynamics: creating and fostering
a culture of teamwork requires trust, collaboration, and accountability” proves
that when a group has had time to become acquainted and understand one another,
they are destined to have a greater efficiency output. This is where my prior
years of knowing and working with Grace really come in handy.
My particular
personality mixes well with Grace’s personality in terms of work. Her creative
ability to look at multiple aspects of the situation and see which one works
intertwines with my ability to use the most efficient tools to complete the
job. The simple way The article “The effect of personality type on team
performance,” shows how the team approach is related to team performance. If
your personalities mix well together, then you are destined to be a successful
team. However, if your personalities don’t mix well, then performance is likely
to be hindered. The article states “It is important to have diversity and
balance in the personality types of various group members. As we can see from
an analysis of the two teams, except for judgers and perceivers, team 2 (the
more successful team) is much more well balanced than team 1.” This
explains that when each team member is contributing something different, there
is going to be a better result than if every team member is contributing the
same set of ideas.
With all of
this is mind, I have decided that I will be working in a team with Grace to
complete the portfolio project. We have worked together before and the results
have proven to be successful.

Comments
Post a Comment